A user in SystemWeaver can have different roles, defining what kind of operations the user may perform. A user who is assigned the Administrator role has the right to perform the following actions relating to user accounts and licenses:
- Create and modify user accounts
- Assign Roles to user accounts
- Manage SystemWeaver licenses
- Set Password Settings
- Create and modify groups used to provide access to items
Most of the above tasks are done using the swAdmin2 application.
In addition, an Administrator has the following access rights in CMS Projects:
- Administer access rights to all projects
- Administer project user groups
- Create and modify public issue views, charts and reports
- Modify the setup of a project, e.g., workflows, issue types, attribute types, relationships
This role should normally only be assigned to a person accountable for managing the roles of the user organization, so that he knows when users are assigned to new positions, or leave the organization. The Administrator should also be accountable for the application licenses of SystemWeaver since the license agreement for SystemWeaver may be based on the number of user accounts. Administrative duties could, of course, be split between different SystemWeaver users.