User account administrators manage user accounts in SystemWeaver using the swAdmin2 application. The interface is described in The SystemWeaver Admin Utility Interface.
Typically, those responsible for user accounts will also manage license keys.
Creating a New User Account
To add a new user account, click the Add User icon. In the Create new user form, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a unique username. Usernames are not case-sensitive. Required.
- Network id: Enter the user's network id that exists in your corporate Active Directory (AD). The user can then login without entering a password if they are already logged in to the corporate Active Directory. Optional.
- Real Name: Enter the user's first and last name. Recommended.
- EMail: Enter the user's email address. Optional.
- Password: Enter the user's desired password in the two fields provided. You can also use the Generate option. Passwords are not stored in clear text. They are stored in hashed form for added security. If users are required to use Network id, they do not need to receive the password that is entered here, but a value does need to be entered in order to create the account.
- Require password change at first login: Check to require a password change.
- Active: This is checked by default as it is assumed the new account will be active.
Click Create to create the account. If needed, the new user can be assigned a role to specify their access rights. In general, most users will not be assigned a role.
Searching for and Viewing User Accounts
The Find text box enables you to search for a user. It will search against the Login Name, Network id, Real Name and E-mail fields. The Filter button (available next to each column header) allows you to filter by null values, non-null values or a specific value:
Click on a column header to sort by that column. An arrow icon will indicate if the sort is ascending or descending:
Editing an Existing User Account
To select an existing user account, double-click on its row:
The Edit user form will display and you can modify any information. The Generate button can be used to obtain a random password. Click Save to save your changes.
Generating a User Account Report
To generate an Excel report of all user accounts, right-click on any row and select Export to Excel:
Deactivating a User Account
To deactivate an account (and not delete it), select the user entry and click the Edit User button (or double-click the entry). Uncheck the Active box and click Save.
Deleting a User Account
To delete an account from the server, click on its row and click the Delete User icon.
Note: You can only delete an account if the user has not performed any transactions in the database, i.e., has not modified an item or issue in any way. If they have, the account can never be deleted so as to maintain all references to the account for all tasks completed. Instead, the account should be deactivated.