An Issue is a SystemWeaver object intended for the management of administrative processes and activities like change requests, problem reports or work tasks, as part of a Change Management System Project in SystemWeaver. The project defines the issue types, issue attributes, workflows and relations that apply for all Issues in the project.
New issues can be created from two difference locations within the swExplorer interface:
- In the Items tab for a selected item, in which case an Item reference will be included automatically.
- In the Projects tab, without selecting an item, in which case the Project property will be included automatically and a reference to an item can be created at a later time.
Creating an Issue for a Selected Item
To create an issue that references a specific item upon creation, select the item in the structure tree and click the New issue option on the Items ribbon.
The New Issue dialog will display.
The core properties of a new issue are required:
- Project: Select the CMS Project of the issue. If the issue was created from the Project tab, this value will be preselected.
- Type: Select the issue type (these are defined for the specific CMS Project).
- Name: Enter a name for the issue.
The status properties are not required when you create an issue and can be set at a later time if desired:
- Status: Select a status of the issue (the available options are tied to the Type of issue).
- Assigned to: Select an available user or group of the selected project. This is done in the Select User(s) dialog.
- Iteration: If the selected Project uses iterations, this can be set. See the Help for more on Iterations.
The issue attributes, defined according to the selected issue type, can be set if desired. However, any attributes displaying a must be populated in order to create the issue. Depending on the type of attribute, the value can be typed in a text box, selected in a drop-down menu, or selected in a specialized dialog using the Change button.
The Relations section lists relations to items and other issues.
Note: Issue relation types that allow a single value (single, or "0..1" multiplicity) are included in the list of attributes.
The Description box contains the description of the item. If a description template has been defined for the issue type, you get the option to choose one or to start with an empty description. Alternatively, you can wait and make a selection after the issue has been created.
When all required values have been filled in, click Create to create the new issue.
If you use the Create and open alternative, the issue will become visible either in the current Projects tab or else in the Issues view.
Creating an Issue in the Project
An issue can also be created from within the Project. Click on New issue on the Projects tab. Set the properties as described above.
Once created, when you are ready to tie together an issue and an item, simply select the issue in Projects and hit Ctrl+C. Then, navigate to the item in the structure tree, select it and hit Ctrl+V to paste the Issue Reference.
Alternatively, you can hit Ctrl+C on the item in the structure tree, then navigate to the issue in Projects, right-click in Relationships and select Paste Item Reference(s).
The issues references by an item can be viewed at any time in the Issues view.
Learn more about issues and CMS Projects in the Help.