First, thank you for reporting your problem! Identifying, reproducing, and documenting problems or potential bugs is not always fun or easy, but it’s an important part of making excellent software. It can also be rewarding, as you’ll have a direct influence on the applications. We really, honestly appreciate your help.
No matter what the problem is, the more information you provide, the better. Examples:
- What did you try to do? What steps did you take? Be as specific as possible.
- Where did you experience the problem, e.g., which view, page, etc.?
- Is it with a specific item type or specific item? If so, provide the type/item id.
- Does it happen consistently, or intermittently?
- Are others having the same problem?
- What did you expect to happen?
- What happened instead?
- Which version of SystemWeaver are you using?
If the problem is an unscheduled outage or slow performance, also include:
- When did it occur? Providing a timestamp helps us more quickly navigate log files if used during troubleshooting.
- For slow performance:
- How long does the operation normally take, and how long is it taking now?
- Are you working from home, or in the office?
Attach supporting information that you think might be helpful. Some examples:
- Complete error message (click on Details button if there is one to copy the entire stack list error).
- Log file (for server-level errors)
- Screenshot or screenshot recording