Should unexpected version chains appear, for example, after importing data from another database, there is a tool in the Database Manager that can be used to restructure the chains.
Note: The swDatabaseManager application is not for general distribution and should only be used by an authorized system administrator.
- Server and database compatible version of swDatabaseManager.exe
- The SystemWeaver server is stopped
- Sole access to the database during update
Tip: We recommend the restructuring is run on a comparable test server first to review the results and test out the functionality as well as to confirm how long the script will take to run.
- Stop the server.
- Open the swDatabaseManager.
- Select the database type and file.
- In the field below the Resequence version chains button, enter the ID of the library where you want to restructure the version chains.
- Click Resequence version chains. The log window will indicate when the script is completed.
Once completed, the version chains will look reasonable again.