The Attachments view allows information in the form of a file format to be "attached" to an item. It can be accessed by selecting it from the View drop-down list.
When you select an item in the structure tree and select the Attachments view, a list all attachment files will display. In the example below, two files are attached to the "Requirements" item:
Each file will display:
- The file format icon used in Windows (HTML files will display the icon for the standard web browser on your computer.)
- Name (name of file)
- Revision (last revision number of the file (see Editing and Versioning Attachments)
- Creation Date (The date the attachment was created)
- Created By (the user who created the attachment)
- Size of the uncompressed file
Tip: There are also additional ways to see if an item has any attachments.
If there are no file attached to the item, a "No files" message will display.
Besides checking if an item has any attachments, the Attachments view is used to add and open attachments and edit and upload new versions of the attachment.