The Attachments view allows information in the form of a file format to be "attached" to an item. It can be accessed by selecting it from the View drop-down list.
Getting Acquainted with the View
When you select an item in the structure tree and select the Attachments view, a list of all attachment files uploaded to the selected item will display. In the example below, two files are attached to the "Lane Keep Assist (LKA)" item:
The following information will display for each file:
- The file format icon used in Windows (HTML files will display the icon for the standard web browser on your computer.)
- Name: Name of attachment file
- Revision: Last revision number of the file (see Editing and Versioning Attachments)
- Creation Date: The date the attachment was created
- Created By: The user who created the attachment
- Size: The uncompressed file size
- Local file: Displays "Changed" if a file has been changed locally on your computer, but has not been committed yet to the database. The Refresh button will show you the most updated version of the page you're viewing
If there are no files attached to the item, a "No files" message will display.
Besides checking if an item has any attachments, the Attachments view is used to: