The Create Test view enables users to create Tests from one or more Test Specifications in a Test Scope. A Test represents one execution of the System Under Test (SUT) as part of a Test System according to a Test Specification. The Create Test view itself is not configurable. It is hard-coded to use the SystemWeaver Test solution's meta model.
However, users may want to use the Create a variant of an original test specification option which enables them to select a subset of Test Cases in a specification rather than including all of them, and also creates a variant of the original test specification instead of using the original in the Test when they create a Test. There is sometimes a need to remove a Test Case after a Test is created. If the option to create a variant is not used, a Test Case removed from a Test will be removed from the original Test Specification as well which may or may not be what you intended. The option uses a TestConfig which is configurable. This article describes how to configure the Test Feature.
- SystemWeaver's Test meta model for Test Development and Test Execution
- SystemWeaver's Feature Model and Variability model for test (see Test - Feature Model Meta Model in Feature Model and Variability)
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Explorer client (swExplorer)
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the server
Example Test Development Data
Example Test Execution Data
Example result of using the Create a variant of an original test specification option on "Adaptive cruise" Test Specification.
Configuring the Test Feature
- Go to File > Configure the explorer.
- On the Features tab, select the Test option.
- Click View example XML and copy the script as a starting point for your configuration.
- Click Edit configuration and paste the script in the Edit XML window.
- Modify the configuration to meet the needs of the use case. (See the explanation of available elements below.)
- Click Save or OK to save your changes.
<TestConfig> <TestCaseVariantPartSIDs>ITXF;10VB</TestCaseVariantPartSIDs> <TestSystemVariantPartSID>10IFE</TestSystemVariantPartSID> <TestSystemVariantContainerPartSID>ITST</TestSystemVariantContainerPartSID> <TestSpecificationVariantPartSID>TSVA</TestSpecificationVariantPartSID> </TestConfig>
Explanation of the Configuration Elements
<TestConfig> is the top tag and can include one configuration. Multiple configurations are not supported.
<TestCaseVariantPartSIDs> specifies all parts needed to find features from a Test case, e.g., Exists for (ITXF), Variability (10VB)
<TestSystemVariantPartSID> indicates the part SID for the test system variant, e.g., Features (10IFE)
<TestSystemVariantContainerPartSID> indicates the part SID for the test system variant container, e.g., Test system configuration (ITST)
<TestSpecificationVariantPartSID> indicates the part SID for the test specification variant container, e.g., Variant of (TSVA)
|Note: The swExplorer client must be completely closed after applying a new or modified TestConfig in order for it to be activated.|