For Item ribbon tab configuration of Config Item view buttons, you have the option of either having the button reference
- A specific version of the Config Item, or
- Always reference the latest version of the Config Item
Which you prefer will depend on your use case. This article describes how to set the configItem attribute for these two options.
- Familiar with the SystemWeaver meta model building blocks (e.g., Items, Parts and Attributes)
- Familiar with the SystemWeaver Explorer Interface and common operations
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Explorer client (swExplorer)
- Knowledge of XML
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the server
Referencing a Specific Version
|Note: Keep in mind that if you use the xID and do decide to change the button to point to a different or later version, you will need to manually change the xID in the Item ribbon tab configuration.|
Referencing the Latest Version
|Note: If the Id (name) of the Config Item is changed, the Item ribbon tab configuration would need to be updated.|
Creating a Ref Id
In the above XML snippet, the ItemViews in the MergeButton use the Ref id and will always point to the latest version of the two Config item charts.