This article describes the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) meta model and views in SystemWeaver as well as how to install and set-up the FMEA solution in a SystemWeaver server.
FMEA Meta Model
Below is the basic FMEA meta model.
FMEA Views and Actions Project
The FMEA Views and Actions Project are hard-coded to the FMEA meta model. For more information on these views, refer to the application Help.
The FMEA Grid view offers a classical and well-known grid view for presenting and editing FMEA data. The view supports any set-up specialization of FMEA, like Design FMEAs (DFMEA) or Process FMEAs (PFMEA). The grid is hard-coded to use the FMEA meta model.
FMEA Pareto View
The FMEA Pareto view supports a classical method of prioritizing among potential causes of failure in a system, based on the RPN value (Risk Priority Number). The view is hard-coded to use the FMEA meta model.
FMEA Actions Project
The FMEA Actions in SystemWeaver are managed as Issues in a CMS Project.
Installing Support for FMEA
To get started, you'll need to perform the following steps:
- Import the FMEA meta model. You can request the meta model by emailing email@example.com
- Extend the FMEA model to cover necessary model and process integrations
- Set up an FMEA Actions project
- Activate the FMEA grid view in Configure the explorer
- Activate the FMEA Pareto view in Configure the explorer, if desired