One of the key user roles within SystemWeaver is the SW Architect. In broad terms, users with the SW Architect role are responsible for the database model and configurations that affect the general behavior and options available to all system users in the swExplorer client. This work is done in some or all of the following areas:
- Maintenance of the meta model, including refactoring options, when needed, using the swArchitect client
- Installation, activation and configuration of Explorer item views via Configure the explorer
- Creation and maintenance of Config Items, i.e., configurable reports, grids, graphs, XML and charts
- Configuration of custom ribbon tabs and options
- Configuration of tree view settings
- Creation of description templates
- Configuration of the Add part grid
Architect access is typically very restricted with only a very small number of users assigned to the roll given the access rights noted above.
|Note: Only persons with a deep understanding of SystemWeaver in general, and the specific meta model in particular, should ever get this right.|
All Architects should be familiar with the Architect Guidelines for Optimizing Performance.