Note: Admin users must have the "Root" role to be able to modify the Security level. This role should be used restrictively and only be assigned to special, dedicated user accounts.
By default, the setting is set to 0. To set a new security level, enter one of the follow values (0-3) and click Save.
- Level 0: Level 0 is equivalent to level 1. Note: In previous releases of SystemWeaver, level 0 meant that access was unrestricted for all libraries and items, regardless of the security setting of these.
- Level 1: In security level 1, any library or item may be freely accessed by any user unless an access right of the library or item has been set limited to a user or group, in which case access will be limited to this setting. However, on level 1 all users always have Read rights regardless of access rights settings.
- Level 2: In security level 2, access to libraries or items is limited to the explicit access rights of the library which applies to all items in that library. This means that no users have rights to a library without those rights being set up in the library. Still, on level 2 all users always have Read rights regardless of access rights settings, similar to level 1.
- Level 3: Security level 3 is equivalent to level 2, apart from that also Read rights are governed by the library and item security setting. See below examples.
Examples for Security Level 3
- If users are to be able to modify items created by other users, they will need "Items Write" rights to the libraries where those items reside.
- If users are to be able to take out new versions of or release items created by other users, they will need "Items Change" rights to the libraries where those items reside.
- Users without a minimum of Read rights to a library will see a "No access" status if they were to search for a particular item ID for an item in that library that they do not have access rights to. The only information provided is the item Name: