To be able to run a mirror server in an installation, a journal file must be created for the database. This article describes how to initialize a journal file. It must be done using the swDatabaseManager tool.
- Server and database compatible version of swDatabaseManager.exe tool
- If running against an sqlite database, the SystemWeaver server must be stopped, i.e., you must have sole access to the database during file initialization. If running a MS SQL database, there is no need to disconnect the database.
- As noted in the prerequisites, the SystemWeaver server application should be stopped if running a sqlite database.
- Open the swDatabaseManager.
- Select the database Type and Select database.
- On the Database tab, click the Display Info button to confirm that tool version is compatible with the database version.
- On the Mirroring tab, click Initialize journaling.
- Navigate to the desired location for the journal file and give the .swjournal file a name. Consider naming the swjournal file in a way that makes it easy to know which database it belongs to.
- Click Save to save the new file.
The log window will indicate when the journal initialization is completed.
If, at any time, you want to remove journaling, you will need to clear the transaction info.