As an Architect, you can set constraints on the Add, Paste and/or New options typically available for creating parts. For example, you may want to allow users to Add existing signal ports, but not create New ones.
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the database
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Architect (swArchitect).
- In the type structure tree, select the part type for which you want to define a constraint.
- Click Edit Config.
- Define the desired constraint expressed using an XML element.
- Click OK to save your changes.
The following constraints are supported:
The attribute value for both of these tags can be 'true' (default) or 'false'.
Defines if it should be possible to perform an Add action in the GUI, i.e., create a new part using an existing item. (This includes actions with corresponding effect, like Paste.)
Defines if it should be possible to perform a New action in the GUI, i.e., create a new part using a likewise new item. (This includes actions with corresponding effect, like Another.)
<PartTypeConfig> <AllowAddPart value="false"/> </PartTypeConfig>
Parts can only be created when a new item is created at the same time, using the New option in the structure tree. The Add or Paste options will not be available.
Note: This only restricts the behavior in the Explorer client. It does not restrict API users.