Sometimes changes are made to a license, e.g., additional user licenses are purchased, and you receive a replacement license. A replacement license is a new version of the existing license.
Example of Existing License File
Example of Replacement License File
The version number in parenthesis increased by one increment. The License id, however, does not change between versions and it a good means of identifying a license in swAdmin2.
The replacement license file will be delivered in a zipped file. Before getting started, extract the license file from the zipped file and save it in a secure location. Then follow the below instructions.
- Log in to swAdmin2
- Go to Licenses.
- Select the license that is being replaced and click Delete license. Note that if you have multiple licenses and are only replacing one of them, the License id, along with the user counts, can help you to determine which license is being replaced.
- Once it is removed, add the new license to your system by clicking Add license. An Open dialog will display and you can then navigate to and select the license file and click Open.
- In versions older than version R29, you will need to log out and back in to swAdmin2 to refresh the server's License status which is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Log into the server using the swExplorer client to confirm a successful login.
- Users who are logged in to the server while the license keys are being swapped out may receive a license expiration message in which case they will need to log out and back in again. For versions older than version 28, if users still see an expiration message after logging out and back in, we advise that you restart the SystemWeaver server application.
If you are keeping an existing license and only adding an additional license, see Adding Additional Licenses in Adding and Deleting Licenses.