The Import XML option enables you to import SystemWeaver meta models using SystemWeaver XML files.
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Architect (swArchitect)
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the database
- A properly formatted SystemWeaver XML file containing the meta model to import
- Click Import XML....The Open dialog displays.
- Select the SystemWeaver XML file to import and click Open. The import of meta model content will begin immediately.
Once completed, the meta model objects will display in the Type structure tree:
Notes and Recommendations
- The XML Import can only import types that are not already in the target database. It cannot perform any update or merge operations of already defined types.
- It is highly recommended that a meta model import file is analyzed prior to import, in order to avoid any surprises! (Like importing types you have no use for.) The Metamodel Diff tool can be helpful for this purpose.