You can use the Import from XML tool to create items and item structures out of a SystemWeaver XML file. This tool is typically used when exporting data from one database and importing into another.
- On the Items tab, click on the New item drop-down and select Import from XML.
- An Import item page displays.
- In the File field, use the browsebutton to open the Windows Open file dialog where you navigate to and select the XML file.
- Select any of the following options:
- In the Filter (from configs) drop-down, you can chose to select an option to perform filtering and transformation operations during the import. The options are configured according to Configure XML import.
- If the Match items in import library box is checked, the import will not be a "pure" import, but will also try to match the imported item with those in the library specified according to the Choose Access (library where the item is stored) selection and possibly update matching items rather than creating new. It will also use the matching for creating the appropriate version chains. This matching is equivalent to the matching done in the Update from XML view, but can potentially include many item structures while the Update from XML only updates the item structure selected in the structure tree.
- If the Import owner to attribute box is checked, the owner property of the imported items will be imported as a string attribute.
- If the Import version numbers box is checked, version numbers will be according to the one in the XML file, rather than sequential in the target database.
- Click Import. When the import is performed, the page will automatically be replaced by an Edit item page of the "top item*" in the import.
For additional information, refer to the Help.
* The "Top item" is according to the <ExportedItem> element of the SystemWeaver XML file. Note that the XML file can potentially include many separate item structures, and these will not be seen in the structure tree. To examine all such imported structures, search in the target library of the import.