The access rights of an item in SystemWeaver are controlled by library security settings as described in Managing Libraries. New libraries are created in Manage Libraries.
- Click Manage libraries. The Libraries page will open.
- Right-click on a selected library and select New Library. This action requires Write rights to the library you have selected.
- Enter a name for the library in the Create Library dialog and click OK. The library will appear in the library tree.
- You are now ready to set up access rights.
Things to Consider When Creating a Library Structure
- When implementing a library structure, it's recommended that you implement a "good enough" access right structure rather than a stricter one with hundreds of levels. This will cut down on administrative work.
- Ideally, a library structure should not mirror an organizational structure. Otherwise, any change in the organizational structure will require a change in the library structure.
- If possible, do not tie the library structure to a specific project structure as a user could, for example, have different roles in different projects within the same database.