The purpose of this presentation is to describe the process of setting up a SystemWeaver test server and logging in. A test server is required for demos and trainings.
An evaluation package containing:
- SystemWeaver Client
- A SystemWeaver database
Starting the SystemWeaver Test Server Database
In the evaluation material folder there is a Folder called TestServer that contains the necessary files for starting a SystemWeaver database.
- Begin by double-clicking the swTestServer.exe file.
- Enter 1768 in the Port field. (A)
- In the Database Name drop-down, select the sqlite database that will be used for the training. This can be obtained from the trainer or will be noted in the training material. (B)
- Click the Start button. (C) When the log panel indicates that the connection has been accepted, you are ready to log in to the server. (D)
Starting the SystemWeaver Explorer Client
In the evaluation material folder there is a Folder called Client that contains the necessary files for starting the swExplorer client.
- Begin by double-clicking the swExplorer.exe file.
- On the Welcome tab just above the login fields, the current database server information is indicated.
- Make sure that the server is set to localhost and the port number is 1768. If it is not, click the More button and enter the correct server and port.
- Enter the login credentials in the Login (username) and Password fields. The credentials can be obtained from the trainer or will be noted in the training material.
- Click Login. You are now logged into the training server.