The quickest way to familiarize yourself with SystemWeaver is to run a Test Server and Client on your laptop. This article describes the process of setting up a SystemWeaver Test Server and logging in. A Test Server and swExplorer Client are included in our basic evaluation package. You can then get started by reviewing The Basics.
- A test server (swTestServer.exe)
- A SystemWeaver Explorer Client (swExplorer.exe)
- A SystemWeaver SQLite database file
Starting the SystemWeaver Test Server
In the evaluation package, there is a folder called TestServer which contains the necessary files for running a SystemWeaver test server.
- Begin by double-clicking the swTestServer.exe file.
- Enter 1768 in the Port field. This may be pre-populated for you. (A)
- For Database Name, navigate out to and select the sqlite database that will be used for the training. This can be obtained from the trainer, will be noted in the training material or will be pre-populated for you. (B)
- Click the Start button. (C) When the log panel indicates that the connection has been accepted, you are ready to log in to the server using the swExplorer client. (D)
|Note: You may have to allow the server through the firewall.|
Starting the SystemWeaver Explorer Client
In the evaluation package, there is a folder called Client that contains the necessary files for starting the swExplorer client.
- Begin by double-clicking the swExplorer.exe file.
- On the Welcome tab just above the login fields, the current database server information is indicated.
- Make sure that the Server is set to localhost and the Port is 1768. If it is not, click the More button and enter the correct server and port.
- Enter the login credentials in the Login (username) and Password fields. The credentials can be obtained from the trainer or will be noted in the training or demo material.
- Click Login. You are now logged into the test server.
|Note: The next time you log into SystemWeaver, it will present your most recent login's server configuration so that you do not need to enter it again. |