Start a new topic
Answered

How to see if a requirement has an Issue

How can I see if a requirement has an issue and of a specific type?

I was thinking about to use "Expert/Add field column" and something like I use to see if an attachement is added:   ?/item::.Select(Attachments).Join(',')

Is there a way?

/Stefan

Best Answer

Hi Stefan,

Sure, you can do the same with issues by using for example:

?/item::/issueref::IR[Type.Name='Imp Issue']

Where

"?" tells the column to use the path language to interpret what is written 

"/item::" goes to the item. There are actually nodes displayed in the tree and we need to go to the items to get to the issues

"/issueref::IR" means find all issue relations of type "IR". "IR" is the standard relation between items and issues - Item reference. If you have defined your own relations then use the SID of that type

"[Type.Name='Imp Issue']" is a filter applied to the result. This filter gives you all issues that has the type "Imp Issue".

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Martin

Answer

Hi Stefan,

Sure, you can do the same with issues by using for example:

?/item::/issueref::IR[Type.Name='Imp Issue']

Where

"?" tells the column to use the path language to interpret what is written 

"/item::" goes to the item. There are actually nodes displayed in the tree and we need to go to the items to get to the issues

"/issueref::IR" means find all issue relations of type "IR". "IR" is the standard relation between items and issues - Item reference. If you have defined your own relations then use the SID of that type

"[Type.Name='Imp Issue']" is a filter applied to the result. This filter gives you all issues that has the type "Imp Issue".

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Martin

2 people like this

This worked just fine! Thanks.

/Stefan

Is there a way to select the iteration of the issue that is referenced from an Item (design requirement?
I've tried with this but it didn't work:

<TextColumn  width="50" caption="Sprint" objectName="SPRINT" readOnly="true"> #{?/issueref::REQU[Iteration.Name]}</TextColumn>

Best would be to first check valid conditions #{?/issueref::REQU[Type.Name='Implementation']}

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Currently the Path language does NOT support "Iteration". We have added this as a feature request, so hopefully it will come in the near future.

However, you can do that using Grid and Field Codes, as shown below.

Example:

<Grid>
  <Columns>
   <ItemNameColumn width="200"/> 
   <TextColumn objectName="Issue" caption="Issue Name" width="200">#{Name}</TextColumn> 
   <IssueStatusColumn  objectName="Issue"/> 
   <TextColumn objectName="Issue" caption="Iteration" width="200">#{Iteration.Name}</TextColumn> 
  </Columns> 

<Row>  
  <ForEach select="/issueref::IR"> 
    <RowObject name="Issue"/>
  </ForEach>    
  </Row>
</Grid>

Result:

Thanks,

Bashar

1 person likes this

Nice. This solved my need perfectly!