The Signature type attribute provides a means of electronically signing an item. The signing attaches a block of identification data to the item that you sign.
- Digital signing requires the signing user to be logged into a Windows session using a User ID that matches the Network ID in an activated SystemWeaver account
- Items must have a Status of "CS Released" to be digitally signed using this attribute type
- An installation of SystemWeaver version R37 or later
Users are provided with an attribute editor to perform the signing:
The preview editor shows the display name of the user that signed as well as the date:
Users can also view digital signature information in the pop-up editor:
When creating an attribute of type Signature, the only requirements are a SID and a Name.
Valid Data Dimension(s): Single
Support for Default Value: No
Allows Empty Value: Yes
Configurable Editor: Yes, width, but not height
Things to Consider
- Once a Signature attribute is added to an item and is used to sign, the attribute can never be removed from the item.
- A signed item can never be removed.
- Since you cannot remove the item, and it has a status of "CS Released", this item and any referenced items, including previous versions can never be removed.
- You can also sign issues, however, the meaning of signing an issue is determined by the workflow definition.