The Create Issue for Item view supports users in simultaneously creating individual issues for a number of automatically selected items. The xml dictates for which item type the view will be available., and can be configured to suit a specific meta model or use cases, e.g., "Review issues" or "Planning issues" for requirements in a specification, or "Bug reports" based on test cases in a Test. . This article describes how to configure the view.
- Familiarity with SystemWeaver concepts such as Items, Parts and Attributes
- Knowledge of XML
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the server
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Explorer client (swExplorer)
Configuring the View
- Go to File > Configure the explorer.
- On the Item views tab, select Create issue for item.
- Click View example XML and copy the script as a starting point for your configuration.
- Click Edit configuration and paste the configuration in the Edit XML window.
- Modify the configuration to meet the needs of the use case. (See the explanation of available elements below.)
- When you are ready to test and make it available to users, check the Active box. Users must log out and back in to see the new option.
Below is an example XML for the view.
<Config> <TopItemType itemType="RBFN"/> <ItemRefType></ItemRefType> <LeftSide> <Grid> <Columns> <TypeColumn width="200"/> <IssueStatusColumn objectName="Issue" caption="Issue"/> </Columns> <ForEachPart type="ITSR"> <DefObj> <Row> <ForEach select="/issueref::IR"> <RowObject name="Issue"/> </ForEach> </Row> </DefObj> </ForEachPart> </Grid> </LeftSide> </Config>
|Note: Given the above example, the view will only be available for item type "RBFN". The view does support inheritance so it can be configured to, for example, support all item types by using itemType="I".|
Explanation of the Configuration Elements
<Config> is the top tag and can include one configuration. Multiple configurations are not currently supported.
<TopItemType> identifies the item type of which the configuration is valid.
<ItemRefType> defines the SID for the item-issue relationship to be used for the generated issues.
<LeftSide> and sub elements, such as <Grid> and <Columns>, define the layout and content of the list of items.