This article explains how to configure the SWExtension.VtestStudioImporter plugin in order to import test results from vTESTstudio. The import is part of the vTESTstudio workflow explained in Overview and Set-up of the vTESTstudio Workflow in SystemWeaver. How to use the extension is explained in Using the SWExtension.VtestStudioImporter.
Note: It is also possible to import test results directly from CANoe based on the same principles. However, it is up to the customer to define the exchange from SystemWeaver to CANoe.
- Knowledge of vTESTstudio and CANoe
- Knowledge of XML
- The following SWExtension.VtestStudioImporter extension files are located in the Client's swExplorerExtensions directory
- One (1) test result per import file is defined per SystemWeaver Test case
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the server
Below is a figure illustrating the part of the vTESTstudio workflow that is covered by the SWExtension.VtestStudioImporter.
Note: It is required that only one test result per file is defined per SystemWeaver Test case when importing data into SystemWeaver. if this requirement is not met, the import will be aborted.
Below is a picture of the plugin SWExtension.VtestStudioImporter:
Configuring the Importer View
- Go to File > Configure the explorer.
- On the Item views tab, select vTESTStudio Result Importer.
- Click View example XML and consider copying the script as a starting point for your configuration.
- Click Edit configuration and paste the script in the Edit XML window.
- Modify the configuration to meet the needs of the use case. (See the explanation of available elements below.)
- When you are ready to test and make it available to users, check the Active box. Users must log out and back in to see the new option.
<Configs> <Config> <TestItemType>JSES</TestItemType> <TestSpecificationItemType>JTSP</TestSpecificationItemType> <VTestStudioTestResultMappings> <pass>OK</pass> <fail>NOK</fail> <error>NOK</error> <inconclusive>xNOK</inconclusive> <none>Not run</none> </VTestStudioTestResultMappings> </Config> </Configs>
Explanation of the Configuration Elements
TestItemType: The SID of the Tests to be created when importing. Note that this type has to be of Type SID "JSES" or inherit from it.
TestSpecificationItemType: The SID of the TestSpecification to be identified when importing Test results.
The tags inside VTestStudioResultMappings define the mapping from vTESTstudio/CANoe Test result statuses to SystemWeaver Test Result statuses, where the elements define the vTESTstudio test result and the content defines the corresponding SystemWeaver Test result status:
<vTESTstudio/CANoe status>SystemWeaver Status</vTESTstudio/CANoe status>.