The Meta Model Graphs view gives an overview of the Meta model for the selected item. This view can be useful for the understanding of a model or when designing a configuration, i.e., for a report, view, grid, etc.
- Familiar with the SystemWeaver meta model building blocks (e.g., Items, Parts and Attributes)
- Familiar with the SystemWeaver Explorer Interface and common operations
- Familiar with the SystemWeaver Script Language
- Knowledge of XML (A good resource is w3schools' XML tutorials)
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Explorer client (swExplorer)
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the server
- The SWExtension.MetaModelGraphs.dll extension file is located in the Client's swExplorerExtensions directory
Configuring the View
The view can be used with or without a configuration. If you want to customize the node styles, use a configuration.
<MetaModelGraph> <NodeStyles> <NodeStyle name="Style1" fillColor="#ffffff" fillColor2="#d9ecff" borderThickness="1" borderColor="#000000" borderType="dash"/> <NodeStyle name="Style2" fillColor="#d9ecff" fillColor2="#ff4000" borderThickness="2" borderColor="#8000ff" borderType="solid"/> </NodeStyles> <Nodes> <Node style="Style1" SID="ABCD"/> <Node style="Style1" SID="EFGH"/> </Nodes> </MetaModelGraph>
<MetaModelGraph> is the top tag which can include one configuration.
<NodeStyles> is used for defining styles of nodes (see Defining Node and Edge Styles in Graphs). Note that visibleHeader and Shape are not supported here. Note also that the default node and edge styles described in Using the Meta Model Graphs View are not configurable.
<Nodes> defines a Node with special Style to be included (drawn) as a box in the view.
The style attribute refers to the name of a NodeStyle element.
The SID attribute refers to the item SID.