Once you have finished installing the SystemWeaver Monitor Service, you are ready to start it.
- The SystemWeaverMonitorService is installed and in use.
Starting the Service
Go to the Windows Start menu and type 'Services'.
- Select Services Desktop app. The Services window will display.
- Scroll down to find the SystemWeaver Monitor Service entry and select it.
- Right-click on the service and select Start.
The Service Control pop-up will display the progress of the start operation. When started, the Status will display 'Running'.
- Confirm that the servers configured to run via the service are running by viewing them on the Task Manager Details tab:
Example of Monitor Service running the SystemWeaver server and the Notification server
|Note: If the database is very large, it may take some time for it to finish the startup process. You will know it is finished once the Memory has stopped growing.
Stopping the Service
To stop the monitor service, follow the same steps outlined above except for Step 4, select Stop. When completely stopped, the Status will no longer display 'Running'. This will stop all server applications running in the service.
With version R40 and later, it is possible to stop one or more servers without stopping all of them by using the Monitor Service Status Tool.