The functionality to generate XHTML from descriptions has been significantly improved.
Note that this requires that Configurable XML definitions are updated to use the tag <Extension name="xhtmlDescription"/> instead of the <Description format="reqif"/>.
Below is a minimal working example utilizing the new XHTML functionality:
<XDocument name="Doc1"> <XElement name="Info"> <Extension name="xhtmlDescription"/> </XElement> </XDocument>
Validation of generated ReqIF files is still recommended since some descriptions may contain hyperlinks with faulty references that cannot be handled other than through changing the source description.
- The result will always generate valid XML.
- The formatting in the resulting XHTML is converted in a much better way.
- Paragraph background color that is set for an empty row is not preserved after conversion.
- Overlined formatting is not preserved.
- Max allowed width for tables is 31680 twips. if exceeding it will be set to max.
- Description References are not preserved. The formatting stays the same but they are no longer clickable links.
- Horizontal lines are not preserved.