Sometimes changes are made to a license, e.g., additional user licenses are purchased, and you receive a replacement license. This article describes how to replace an existing license.
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Admin client (swAdmin2)
- Assignment of the Administrator role in the server
- A SystemWeaver replacement license XML file to upload
A replacement license is a new version of the existing license.
Example of Existing License File Name
Example of Replacement License File Name
The version number in parenthesis increased by one increment. The License id, however, does not change between versions and it a good means of identifying a license in swAdmin2.
Note: To minimize the risk of unexpected issues disrupting users, we advise that license replacement be done outside of business hours or when activity is low.
The replacement license file will be delivered in a zipped file. Before getting started, extract the license file from the zipped file and save it in a secure location. Then follow the below instructions.
- Log in to swAdmin2
- Go to Licenses.
- Select the license that is being replaced and click Delete license. Note that if you have multiple licenses and are only replacing one of them, the License id, along with the user counts, can help you to determine which license is being replaced.
- Once it is removed, add the new license to your system by clicking Add license. An Open dialog will display and you can then navigate to and select the license file and click Open.
- Log into the server using the swExplorer client to confirm a successful login.
Users who are logged in to the server while the license keys are being swapped out should not be distributed, however, users who try to log in during the swap may receive a message that they cannot until the swap is completed.
If you are keeping an existing license and only adding an additional license, see Adding Additional Licenses in Adding and Deleting Licenses.