To be able to run a mirror server in an installation, a cache file must be created for each mirror server as this is where the users who are connected to a mirror server obtain their data. This article describes how to initialize a cache file. It must be done using the swDatabaseManager tool.
- Server and database compatible version of swDatabaseManager.exe tool
- The SystemWeaver main server must be stopped, i.e., you must have sole access to the database during file initialization. Alternatively, after activating journaling on the main server, you can take a backup of the database while the SystemWeaver server is up. Then, create the cache file off of the backup so that you do not need to stop the main server.
- As noted in the prerequisites, the SystemWeaver server application should be stopped if running a sqlite database.
- Open the swDatabaseManager.
- Select the database Type and Select database.
- On the Database tab, click the Display Info button to confirm that tool version is compatible with the database version.
- On the Mirroring tab, click Create cache for mirror.
- The cache file will need to be saved on the mirror server machine. Navigate to the desired location for the cache file and give the file a name. Consider naming the cache file in a way that makes it easy to know which database and mirror server that it belongs to. Click Save to save the new file.
The log window will indicate when the cache file creation is completed.
Repeat the above steps for each mirror server installation.
|For a database disk size of 3 GB, it will take approximately 5 minutes for the cache file creation.|