To be able to run a mirror server in an installation, a cache file must be created for each mirror server as this is where the users who are connected to a mirror server obtain their data. This article describes how to initialize a cache file. It must be done using the swDatabaseManager tool.
- Server and database compatible version of swDatabaseManager tool
- The SystemWeaver main server must be stopped, i.e., you must have sole access to the database during file initialization. Alternatively, after activating journaling on the main server, you can take a backup of the database while the SystemWeaver server is up. Then, create the cache file off of the backup so that you do not need to stop the main server.
Note: The swDatabaseManager application is not for general distribution and should only be used by an authorized system administrator.
- For optimal cache creation time, the swDatabaseManager, the database file (copy), and the selected location for the cache file should be on the same local disk when creating the cache on the mirror server machine.
- When you move a database file or cache file, we recommend that you zip the file before moving it as a precaution.
As noted in the Prerequisites above, the SystemWeaver server application must be stopped if running a sqlite database.
- Open the swDatabaseManager.
- Select the database Type and Select database.
- On the Database tab, click the Display Info button to confirm that tool version is compatible with the database version.
- On the Mirroring tab, click Create cache for mirror*.
- The cache file will need to be saved on the mirror server machine. Navigate to the desired location for the cache file and give the file a name. Consider naming the cache file in a way that makes it easy to know which database and mirror server that it belongs to. Click Save to save the new file.
The log window will indicate when the cache file creation is completed.
Repeat the above steps for each mirror server installation.
|Note: If you run into any problems that result in having to create a new cache file, delete any aborted/old cache files first before generating a new one. Alternatively, give a different name to the new cache file, i.e., do not use the same name as an aborted/old cache file that is located in the same directory.|
Creating a Cache From Another Cache
As an alternative, you can also copy an existing cache file for use with another mirror server. Just first be sure to stop the mirror server that is using the cache file before you take a copy of it.
Estimated Time for Cache File Creation
|Database Size||Approx. Creation Time|
|3 GB||5 min|
|11 GB||40 min|
|30 GB||2+ hrs|
* There is an option to encrypt the cache file. The availability of the encryption option is restricted due to EU regulations. Please contact us for more information.