I am getting an Out of Memory error.
EOutOfMemory. Out of memory.
The operation (possibly together with other factors) is likely exceeding the memory of the 32-bit client (SystemWeaver Client - System Requirements
). You can confirm this by trying again and, using the Task Manager, watch the swExplorer.exe there. It will stop processing when the memory usage reaches approximately 3.5GB.
Once you get an Out of Memory error, close the program entirely to clear it. You cannot continue to work after exceeding the memory.
Things that you can try to avoid exceeding the memory:
- Is there a very large structure, e.g., 10s of thousands of items? Is it possible to try to open a smaller structure and then perform the operation?
- Are Description references turned on in the structure tree? If so, turn them off. Example:
- Do you have any other tabs open, specifically ones with very large structures loaded? Try closing them.
- Are there many other applications running simultaneously on the laptop?
- Is this in Citrix? If so, ensure that there is at least 4 GB RAM for each use of the client.