The XML Export option in the Architect client enables you to export the meta model of a database in a SystemWeaver XML formatted file that can be imported into other SystemWeaver databases.
- An installation of the SystemWeaver Architect (swArchitect)
- Assignment of the SW Architect role in the database
- Click XML Export.... The Export Meta Data dialog will display.
- Enter an Export Description if desired. This is optional.
- Check the Include config-items option if you want to include the config items. Note that technically config items are not part of the meta model since they are in fact a sub-type of item. Config items, however, serve to configure a database much in the same way as the meta model.
- Click Save and select a location for the generated XML file using the Save As dialog.
When you open the exported SystemWeaver XML file in Notepad or Notepad++, its content may not be easily readable. You can use the XML Tools Plugin in Notepad++ to format for easy reading.
The screenshot below shows the top portion of an example export.
The XML file has two sections. <Info> contains the Description and information about the export. <Meta> contains the meta model broken down into types.