Start a new topic
Answered

How to traverse back using <ContextTree> in Coverage: item->item

I'm testing a possibility to follow up test results for specific topic using the Best Practise Systems Engineer model and Keywords.

We assume that a test can be mapped to many topics. To make this view flexible, the user shall be able to select any Test Suite in the Test Result area.

We have a working config but it uses <TopItemType itemType="3PTA"/>

Once a Test Suite is selected, the Left Side shall view the selected Test Suite as <TopItemType itemType="JBTF"/>.

On the Right Side the available keywords of korrect item type shall appear. In this case items of type System Part ID and Function ID.

So far this is what I get using the code below.

Any ideas what I shall do instead of this?

<CoverageViewConfig id= "test_kwd2">
       <ViewSettings>
           <Caption>Map System Part or Function to Test</Caption>
          <RibbonGroup>Test</RibbonGroup>
          <Description>This view helps you to map the test to kewywords representing a System Part or Function</Description>
          <Image guiImage="15"/>
      </ViewSettings>
      <TopItemType itemType="JBTF"/>
          <LeftOwner itemType="JBTF" partType="ISSS"/>
          <Mappings>
             <Mapping fromType="JSES" partType="VP0021" toType="SI0003"/>
             <Mapping fromType="JSES" partType="VP0021" toType="SI0004"/>

</Mappings> 

<UIMessages>

<UIMessagePrimaryItemName>Tests</UIMessagePrimaryItemName>

<UIMessageSecondaryItemName>System Part and Function</UIMessageSecondaryItemName>

</UIMessages>

<RightSide>

<ContextTree>

<Context>

<AddParts owner="main" sid="SP0077" part="Projects" defobj="proj"/>

<AddParts owner="main" sid="SP0187" part="KeywordList" defobj="kwl"/>

<AddParts owner="proj" sid="SP0082" part="ResultReport" defobj="resrep"/>

<AddParts owner="resrep" sid="VTRA" part="TestResult" defobj="testres"/>

<AddParts owner="testres" sid="TSUI" part="FirstTestSuite" defobj="suite"/>

<AddParts owner="suite" sid="ISSS" part="SubTestSuite" defobj="+suite"/>

<AddParts owner="suite" sid="ISES" part="Test" defobj="test"/>

<AddParts owner="test" sid="VP0021" part="Keyword" defobj="kw"/>

<AddParts owner="kwl" sid="SP0316" part="KWs" defobj="+kw"/> 

</Context>

<Tree startGroup="suite">
                      <Case group="suite" go="/back::SubTestSuite*/back::FirstTestSuite"/>

<Case group="testres" go="/back::TestResult"/>

<Case group="resrep" go="/back::ResultReport"/>

<Case group="proj" go="/back::Projects"/>

<Case group="main" go="/KeywordList"/>

<Case group="kwl" go="/KWs[SID = 'SI0003' or SID = 'SI0004']"/> 

</Tree>

</ContextTree> 

</RightSide> 

<LeftStructureTree partTypes="ISSS;ISES;VP0021"/>

<AdditionalLeftItemAttributes sids=""/>

</CoverageViewConfig>

Looking forward to get some feedback on this.

Best regards

/Stefan

Best Answer

Hi Stefan,

From your XML configuration example, I can see that you are using "Coverage: item -> item". This view, as it works today, doesn't support <Parameters> which you need in your case in order to enable the mapping between keywords and Test Suite/Test. When SystemWeaver introduces the full <Parameters> support for this view, you will be able to do the mapping on the level of Test Suite, but for the time being, the mapping view shall be active on a level where you have the content of the Left Side and Right Side as children for the <TopItemType itemType=""/>.

However, thinking outside the box maybe you can try to do this using <Action>, instead of "Coverage: item -> item" view.

SystemWever, have already introduced <Parameters> to "Coverage" view, and it will be added to "Coverage: item -> item" view in the future.

Best regards,

Bashar

Answer

Hi Stefan,

From your XML configuration example, I can see that you are using "Coverage: item -> item". This view, as it works today, doesn't support <Parameters> which you need in your case in order to enable the mapping between keywords and Test Suite/Test. When SystemWeaver introduces the full <Parameters> support for this view, you will be able to do the mapping on the level of Test Suite, but for the time being, the mapping view shall be active on a level where you have the content of the Left Side and Right Side as children for the <TopItemType itemType=""/>.

However, thinking outside the box maybe you can try to do this using <Action>, instead of "Coverage: item -> item" view.

SystemWever, have already introduced <Parameters> to "Coverage" view, and it will be added to "Coverage: item -> item" view in the future.

Best regards,

Bashar

1 person likes this

Thanks Bashar for the feedback.
I'll try <Action> and see how that could work for me in this case. I didn't think of that. Glad

Best regards

/Stefan

Login to post a comment