Start a new topic

Extract info about Groups, Users and Access LIbraries

Today I can not find an efficient way to get info about the three types  Group, User and Access LIbrary. Using Export to Excel is not efficient enough as we now have >50 groups, >500 users and  >100 access libraries. 

I propose  to extend the script language (Path expression?) to include operations on Groups, Users and Access Libraries. I would like to be able to create collections, "jump" between the three types and extract details as text. Right now I don't have a big need to switch to or from items, but it can help a lot to understand if all items in a context are visible to a a specific user.  It would be convinient if this works both for Reports and Grids. 

There will be a security issue about Access Library and, from my point of view, it is preffered to indicate where traverse was stopped by access rights.

Hi Peter,

From your question, it is not apparent that this is a problem that would be suited to solve using the script language.

It would be helpful if you could provide some examples of exactly what it is that you would like to do. Then we could look at each of these cases and see what possible solutions there are.

Right now, short-term, the most efficient way would be to use the API.

Best regards,
Magnus

This question is about housekeeping the decided strategies for the security setup with groups, users and access library.

We need to go from an old status to one that follows new security strategies.

With the ability to use Excel on all the data, many different queries are possible. Example queries:

- For each users with the Items Change rights, get the Access Library name and Path

=> Most users shall not have Items Change rights

- Find all users which are not active users and have explicit access rights for each Access Library

=> They shall be removed from those access libraries

- For each none active user, get all Groups they belong to

=> They shall be removed from those groups

- For each user with a part of the email address “@x.com”, get all Groups they belong to

=> Change users to groups (new strategy)

- Find all users belonging to group X and Y

=> Change users to groups (new strategy)

- Find all users belonging neither to group X or Y

=> Add users to either group X or Y

- Find all users belonging to group X but none of groups Y1…Yn

=> Add users to at least one of the groups Y1…Yn

Thank you,

this gives us something to work with.

We will think about various ways to answer these questions and get back to you.

/Magnus

Login to post a comment